Reading Transposing Instruments
You must transcribe in concert pitch a melody written for a transposing instrument.
- Select the instruments you want to use (green color indicates selection).
- Stop after: choose to end the exercise after a number of minutes or exercises.
- Click OK to start the exercise or press enter/return.
Select the key signature and then transcribe the melody in concert pitch.
- Click the desired note value and accidental.
- Click the desired note name.
- Click the up or down arrow to raise or lower the note octave.
- Click Undo to erase the last note. If you click Undo after erasing the last note, you can change the key signature.
- Click Check answer once you have written the complete melody.
To answer using the computer keyboard
- Select the note value and accidental using your computer numeric keypad:
- Write the note using letters: C, D, E, F, G, A, B.
- Press delete to delete the last note.
- Press enter/return to check your answer
See Reading and Writing Music for Transposing Instruments to learn about this topic.